BiblioBus - Mobile Library Services
* Please note, the schedule and locations of service are subject to change based on weather, parking availability, and other factors.
(707) 545-0831 x1682
If you are interested in having the BiblioBus visit your community or event, please fill out our BiblioBus Request form. We cannot guarantee that we can fulfill your request; please expect a response within five business days.
What We Do
The BiblioBus brings the library to you!
Our mission is to build community connections through outreach, and to meet the public where they are.
The BiblioBus prioritizes outreach to underserved communities and provides service countywide to people of all ages and abilities, regardless of physical, economic, social, geographic, or other barriers.
Outreach librarians curate a variety of diverse library materials for the communities we visit, and our staff provides fun and engaging programs.
We have regularly-scheduled Community Stops at schools, senior residences, low-income housing complexes, and rural communities.
You may also see us at community and cultural events year-round.
What is the BiblioBus?
The BiblioBus is a mobile library branch. Whether on the move or at a community event, our BiblioBus supports Sonoma County Library's mission to bring information, ideas, and people together to build a stronger community!
What are the BiblioBus Services?
- Sign up for a library card
- Access free WiFi
- Browse English and Spanish books for all ages
- Use laptop computers and entertainment devices
- Connect with library staff to receive book recommendations and get your questions answered
- Participate in specialized library programming such as bilingual storytimes, STEAM activities, one-on-one tech help, and skill-building workshops
Do I need a library card to use the BiblioBus?
You do not need a card to visit, browse, or read materials from the bus. However, you do need a library card to check out items from the BiblioBus, and we can make one for you right there! Here is more information on getting a library card.
Can I request my holds to be brought to me on the BiblioBus?
We are working on it, but not at this time.
Can I drop off donations at the BiblioBus?
The BiblioBus cannot accept donations at this time. Check with your local branch library to find out if they are accepting book donations.
How can I contact BiblioBus staff?
Contact our BiblioBus staff coordinators at email@example.com.