TeachingBooks for Libraries
About TeachingBooks for Libraries
TeachingBooks for Libraries is an online database that adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children's and young adult books. The website includes thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books used in the K-12 environment.
TeachingBooks for Libraries is provided free to all K-12 students and educators by the California State Library.
- Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Get a Library Card)
- Click on the GO button above
- Log in with your library card and PIN if asked
- Search for a title and find resources to enhance the reading experience including author interviews, book guides, lesson plans, vocabulary lists, annotations, and related booklists.
- View Meet-the-Author movies.
- Find out how an author's name is pronounced.
- Watch book trailers.
- Check out book lists to find your next read.
For Educators (Must be registered with a work-related email): TeachingBooks for Schools
- Common Core literacy connections.
- Instructional Uses page featuring resources by subject.
- Connect resources to Google Classroom.
- Create custom reading lists.
Available for Use On
- Desktop computers
- Mobile devices
- There is no app for this resource