Friends of the Petaluma Library
The Friends of the Petaluma Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to raising funds for library activities such as children’s reading programs, adult literacy, new books, equipment, and the Lumacon! Comic Convention for Youth. We have been in existence since 1978 and have raised over $800,000 for the Petaluma Library.
Email us at email@example.com.
Call us at (707) 763-9801 ext. 0761 and leave a message.
Interested in Joining the Petaluma Friends?
Membership forms are always available at the library Reference and Circulation desks and in the bookstore during our regular hours. The form can be dropped off at the Library Circulation Desk or Reference Desk or delivered to us in the Bookstore. We will be in contact with you.
We are always looking for people to help keep the bookstore stocked and staff the desk.
We always need helpers during our frequent book sales. Tasks include set-up and tear-down, cashiering, and replenishing stock. Refreshments are provided.
The Petaluma Friends Bookstore began its life as a janitor’s closet and was transformed into the wonderful store we love today.
- We have over 60 categories of books, graphic novels, music on cd, movies on dvd, magazines and records for adults, teens, and children.
- Store volunteers add new books to the shelves daily.
- Friends of the Petaluma Library receive a 10% discount.
- Little Free Librarians receive a 10% discount.
- Teachers receive 20% off their purchases.
- Payment accepted by cash or check only.
|Our store is open:
|Monday - Friday
|12:00 – 5:00pm
|Saturday 2nd & 5th
|10:00am – 4:00pm
|12:00 – 4:00pm
The Friends host several large book sales every year which are held in the library community room. All sales feature books for all ages, music, movies, and records.
We hold a special Member’s Preview Evening, where anyone can join at the door, several general sale days, a half price day and on our last day, a giant bag sale. During the final hour of the sale Little Free Librarians and Teachers receive free books.
Thanks for helping us by bringing only your top-quality donations. We gratefully accept the following items in good condition.
- New and used books
- CDs, DVDs, records, puzzles, magazines
Please do not donate:
- Mildewed, moldy, torn, underlined, stained, smoke damaged, or water damaged materials
- No magazines over 6 months old
- No encyclopedia sets
- Small volume of donations: 2 bags or less can be brought directly to our Cart near the Circulation Desk during library open hours.
- Large volume of donations are accepted every Tuesday and Thursday between 9:15am – 12:00pm only.
- Directions for large donations: Pull into the Employee Parking Lot and look for our Friends’ work area through the chain link fence on the right. Please carry your donations to the gate and a Friend will be available to help you.
- Please do not leave donations outside library door or back gate. Thank you.