About Britannica School
Britannica School is the site for learning more about any subject—for all grades and all reading abilities—offering thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended websites, and 3 separate databases—elementary, middle, and high school.
Access provided courtesy of the California State Library.
- Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Get a Library Card)
- Click on the GO button above
- Log in with your library card and PIN if asked
- Three portals—elementary, middle, and high school.
- A convenient toggle provides access to content at different reading levels.
- Read-aloud and built-in translation features support students with special needs and English language learners.
- Nonfiction content aligned to the next generation science, Common Core, and state curriculum standards.
- New content daily.
- Time-saving research tools available.
- Review and adapt ready-made lessons on various subjects or create your own with the Lesson Plan Builder.
Available for Use On
- Desktop computers
- Mobile devices
- There is no app for this resource