Northstar is a set of online, self-guided modules used to test computer and technology skills. Included are basic computer digital literacy standards and modules in 3 main areas: essential computer skills, essential software skills, and using technology in daily life.
This resource is supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
- Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Get a Library Card)
- Click on the GO button above
- Enter your name in the test taker area
- Choose which assessments and modules you want to take
- Essential Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, internet basics, using email, Windows OS, Mac OS.
- Essential Software Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
- Using Technology in Daily Life: Social media, information literacy, career search skills, supporting K-12 distance learning, your digital footprint.
Available for Use On
- Desktop computers
- Mobile devices
- There is no app for this resource