The Library is governed by an independent eleven-member Library Commission as specified in the revised Joint Powers Agreement. The city councils of Cloverdale, Cotati, Healdsburg, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma, and Windsor, along with the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, each appoint a Library Commissioner. The City of Santa Rosa and the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors also jointly appoint one Library Commissioner.
The Commission has the following Bylaws.
Monthly Meetings - Open to the Public
The Commission generally meets monthly, with additional special meetings as needed. Meetings are open to the public and the public is warmly invited to attend.
Complete 2020 Meeting Schedule.
Library Commissioners: (Terms expire August 1 of the year indicated)
- City of Cloverdale - Reece Foxen (2020)
- City of Cotati - Vince Doherty (2022)
- Chair of the Commission
- City of Healdsburg - Andy Elkind (2022)
- City of Petaluma - Paul Heavenridge (2022)
- City of Rohnert Park - Barbara Mackenzie (2022)
- City of Santa Rosa - David Cahill (2022)
- Joint City of Santa Rosa/Board of Supervisors - Karen Schneider (2022)
- City of Sebastopol - Joel Neuberg (2024)
- City of Sonoma - Thomas Haeuser (2020)