Help and troubleshooting
You can use this wireless connection from your own laptop, smartphone, or other
802.11b (Wi-Fi) wireless device. If your computer doesn't find the
wireless access point
on its own, make sure your wireless settings are correct.
|Network name or SSID:
||Sonoma County Library
|Wireless Mode or Network
||Access Point or Infrastructure (not "Ad Hoc")
||Use DHCP (Obtain an IP address automatically)
If you normally use a different Wi-Fi network (with a different
SSID) your computer may not find our network automatically. Try opening
your wireless settings and starting a new network scan, or changing the
by typing in the
information above. You may also need to restart your computer after
changing the settings.
In order to gain access to the Internet, open up your web browser. You will get a page displaying the terms of service.
To agree to the terms of service, click the OK button.
- If you normally use a different Wi-Fi network (with a different SSID)
your computer may not find our network automatically.
- Library staff is unable to provide technical support. Please see the
troubleshooting links at the bottom of this page for additional help.
- Only devices with web browsers can reach our login page. Devices that cannot reach
our login page will not be able to use the wireless Internet connection.
- Some wireless devices simply do not work with our wireless access points. We have found no pattern of specific brands or models that don't work at the Library; the same devices work fine everywhere else. Unfortunately, we do not currently have any way to correct this issue.
- Windows 7 users: see the special note on Windows 7 security settings