Teen Read 2013
you're going into the 7th - 12th grade, there's a summer reading
program for you!
Join Teen Read this summer at the Sonoma County Library and WIN A KINDLE!
June 4 – July 27, 2013
Schedule of special events for Teen Read 2013 including henna body art, comedy improv, duct tape mania, and more!
Starting June 4th …
- Register at your local library to pick up your Teen Read GAME CARD.
- Read Books* and complete Library Activities** to earn stamps on your Game Card.
- LEVEL UP to win five different prizes, including treats, gift cards and a FREE BOOK!
- Get a RAFFLE TICKET for each book review you turn in***
- Attend fun Teen PROGRAMS and WORKSHOPS – and get an extra raffle ticket!
- Enter your RAFFLE TICKETS at your local library for
- CHANCES TO WIN PRIZES, including the GRAND PRIZE of a KINDLE!
Open to 7th-12th grades only****
Special thanks to our Library Friends groups for their generous support!
* Turn in a Teen Review Card for each book you read.
**Library Activities that earn stamps for your Game Card are listed below and on the Teen Read Flyer
***Maximum 2 raffle tickets for book reviews each week.
****completed 6th grade
Game Card Prize Levels:
Level One (3 stamps): Free Book + Bookmark
Level Two (5 stamps): Candy bar / treat
Level Three (7 stamps): In & Out Burger Card
Level Four (9 stamps): Round Table Pizza coupon
Level Five (10 stamps): $5 gift card to Starbucks/Copperfields/other
How to earn stamps for your TeenRead Game Card:
- Sign up for the TeenRead summer reading program.
- Introduce yourself to a Librarian & give (or ask for) a book recommendation
- Read aloud to a child
- Get (or renew!) a Library Card
- Take a picture of yourself reading a book and share it
- Sign up for a NextReads newsletter
- Spend 30 minutes looking at the Testing & Education Reference Center
- “Like” the Sonoma County Library on Facebook
- Access one of the Library’s online databases, and tell your Librarian how you would use it
- Check out & download an ebook or audiobook
- Post a comment on the Sonoma County Library Teen Blog
- Read one book of your choice
- Attend a teen program at the Library
- Volunteer for two hours at the Library
- Read a Printz Award winner or honor book – past or present
- Read a Newbery Award winner or honor book – past or present
- Read a book in verse
- Read a mystery book
- Read a biography or non-fiction book
- Read a fantasy or science fiction book
- Read a graphic novel
- Read a historical fiction book
- Create a soundtrack for your favorite book
- Create an artistic representation of a book
- Create a book trailer for a book
What To Read?
The Library has a batch of teen booklists to
help you choose great books.
More lists of books you might like to read:
Check with your school to see if you can get extra credit by
reading books from their summer reading list.
Questions? Ask a librarian at your local library!
List of Sonoma County Library branches
Thank you to our sponsors!
Special thanks to our Friends of the Library groups throughout Sonoma County
We appreciate your support of this program!