Requests and Holds
This policy provides basic rules for giving patrons access to library materials held
at any Library in the three-county area that share the Library’s catalog.
The Sonoma County Library is committed to providing Sonoma County residents with
free and easy access as quickly as possible to Library materials located in any of the
Library’s facilities or in libraries that are part of the Lake and Mendocino County Libraries.
- Limits on Numbers of Requests
Length of Time a Request Stays Active
- A patron may have a total of 20 requests at one time.
- Of these 20 requests, only 10 may be requests for items in DVD format.
Length of Time an Item is Held for a patron.
- Any item on request for a patron will remain active until filled or for 270 calendar days,
whichever comes first.
- An item is held for a patron for 10 calendar days before being returned to the shelf or
sent to the next patron in the request queue.
Other policies and procedures
More library information