Sonoma County History & Genealogy Library
Ordering and using photographs from the collection
You can order prints of any photograph in our collection.Main Local History & Genealogy page
Orders are filled only after receipt of the completed and signed form, and total payment as indicated below.
NOTICE: Warning concerning copyright restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries, & archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "Fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.
SALES TAX OF 9.25% WILL BE ADDED TO THE TOTAL COST.
SHIPPING CHARGES ARE $3 PER ITEM.
Conditions of use
1. To use the photographic copy only once and only for the purpose listed in the "Statement of Intended Use" portion of the form. Any subsequent or different use constitutes a reuse and must be applied for in writing.
2. We request for our permanent files, copies of any published work in which the photographic copy appears.
3. Not to permit others to reproduce the photographic copy or any facsimile of it.
4. Not to reproduce photographic copy as a dust jacket, an end paper or to use in any advertisement or any commercial use of a similar nature, nor to mass produce as unbound material unless specifically authorized by a "Letter of Permission".
5. In authorizing the publication of a photographic copy, Sonoma County Library does not surrender its own right to publish it, or to grant permission to others to do so.
6. Copyrighted material will ordinarily not be copied without the signed authorization of the copyright holder. Applicants assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and in the use made of the photographic copy.
Sonoma County Library can claim only physical ownership of the images in our photograph collection. It is impossible for us to determine fully or completely the identity of possible claimants of copyright. The responsibility for identifying and satisfying copyright claims must be assumed by the user/publisher.
Our preferred credit line is: